In a world where mental health problems are increasing, people are getting lonelier and more divided between beliefs & rigid ideologies,where we are having more virtual conversations instead of real ones about important topics & where we indirectly encourage people to keep pretences rather than be honest to themselves we felt there was a need to create ‘safe spaces’ where people could have honest conversations.
A meetup where we can Honest Conversations & people enter without labels or legacy of their background, jobs, failures or successes. With just a mutual respect for the human in front of them.What the media has said about us:
A meet – a place where individuals can interact, which is:
1. A ‘non-judgemental, honest place’ where we have people from different age groups gender, political and social opinions, sexuality etc having honest, interesting conversations. would love to see an 18-year-old heterosexual liberal girl talking to a 65-year-old gay man, openly without preconceived notions
2. A ‘no bullshit policy’ where we don’t Smalltalk. – Where you have conversations without pretence or political correctness and where you don’t want to talk about something you just say “I don’t want to”, instead of some random BS to avoid.
3. Not deep philosophical stuff only, but all that matters – First love to dreams to inane but brilliant Bollywood movies to weird experiences.
4. Neither labels or legacy – For most of us the second or third question is ” so what do you do?”. We are not sure if this is only in our culture but we need to have an identity beyond our designations, money or our family. It would be interesting if we avoided these questions – and talked about our interests, who we really are.
5. Self-supporting – The idea would be to have more than one of these meets and for this to happen it has to be self-supporting. There will be a minimal cost (free for those who are invited) which goes for the coffee, promoting the event and time of those who put this together.
6. No tech, no addictions – We are all for freedom of choice but we should be able to have ‘real conversations’ without being a few drinks down or constantly scrolling through our Facebook. So all mobile devices will be on aeroplane mode and there will be coffee but no alcohol.
Venue: Collab Cowork
Date: 25th November 2018 (Sunday)
Time: 3 pm to 6 pm
For RSVP & tickets: https://goo.gl/2niZCQ
For any info please contact us at +91 8052323707 or email email@example.com